The Neighborhood “Bonus” ***Free Home Inspection***
Should a seller hire a home inspector before putting their house on the market? If there is any doubt about the condition of your home, it would be profitable to have your agent pay for a professional opinion. It’s easy to grow attached to your home and overlook some of the wear and tear. While those familiar flaws may seem like home to you, they might not be to potential buyers. If you plan to put your house on the market, consider allowing The Linda Rea Team to hire a professional pre-existing home inspector and here’s why:
- It could save you money in the long run. If issues show up in the buyer’s inspection, the buyer will likely ask for a price reduction, a credit, or have you (the seller) cover the cost and make the fix yourself.
- Getting your house inspected could speed up the sale process and lead to a faster closing.
- It gives you a competitive edge! A prelisting home inspection can signal to potential buyers that you did the due diligence on their future home.
- Fix any deal breakers before they become deal breakers with potential buyers.
If you have a pre-existing home inspection, what issues should you seriously consider fixing? Although it can vary from market to market, these are some of the top deal breakers:
- Foundation issues
- Outdated electrical system
- Water damage
- Roof problems
- Rotted fascia or trim
- Leaking pipes/outdated plumbing
Waiting for the buyer to work through an independent home inspection could cause the deal to fall through. Even if you offer to fix any problems that arise on the buyer’s inspection report, skittish buyers may be hesitant to close the deal. The pre-existing home inspection can put a nervous seller at ease, plus it gives you a better chance at a fast, easy close.
Now that you know the benefits and necessity of a pre-existing home inspection, it’s important to know the cost, which is about $280. The Linda Rea Team is offering them FREE with all new listings!
For additional information on why pre-existing home inspections are important, schedule an appointment with Linda today! She can be easily reached at 248-709-3786.
We specialize in some of the best cities to live in including Rochester, Rochester Hills, Oakland Twp., Troy, Shelby Twp. and many more. Contact Rochester’s First Family of Real Estate, the Linda Rea Team to sell your house or help you move into a new home! We are Top Producers year after year and look forward to working with you!